Using mapspast layers in ArcGIS
The ArcGIS extension ArcBruTile now includes all of the mapspast map series.To install:
1) Download ArcBruTile from the following link (look for the Latest Release: ArcBruTile #.# Download link below the project description):
2) Run setup.exe contained in the downloaded file
1) Open ArcGIS
- Navigate to the menu: Customize -> Toolbars
- Select arcBruTile
-> The arcBruTile toolbar will be shown.
2) Click 'ArcBruTile#.# v' in the toolbar and select 'Add TMS Service'
3) Click 'Add provider' and select 'NZ Maps Past'*
*If "NZ MapsPast" is not in the list, enter the details manually:
Name: NZ MapsPast URL: http://au.mapspast.org.nz/arcBruTile/mapspast.xml
- Click 'Add Provider' to close the window
4) Select the MapsPast layer you wish to add to your map from the dropdown.
Note: It may be advisable to navigate to the NZ region of the world using a layer with global coverage before switching to mapspast layers, as the local maps can be hard to spot when zoomed out to the entire globe.